For CoWorking at Maven and Hire of Maven
Terms & Conditions
Coworking Membership Agreement – Updated 16th January 2023
(please scroll down for Hire of Maven Terms & Conditions)
This membership agreement is intentionally short and sweet. Here is the key detail of the agreement between you “the member” and us “Maven”.
- Provide Coworking access during the hours specified in the plan of the members’ choice and subject to availability (please book your desks in advance to avoid disappointment if you are looking to come on a specific day
- Provide WiFi access with a minimum download of 60Mbps
- Provide electricity points, desk space and chairs
- Provide teas, coffees and milk
- Provide a professional mailing address (maximum of 2 companies/names per member)
As a member, you will:
- Pay your membership fee within 7 days of Membership Package date – normally the 1st of every month.
- Leave Maven how you found it. Clean up after yourself and any of your guests. All rubbish must be in the bin, ideally taken with you to the nearest bin outside and any items used must be cleaned and put away.
- Accept all responsibility for your own possessions whilst using Maven.
- Not bring in more than 2 guests at a time without first consulting Natalie Hamer.
- Not bring in guests to work alongside you. Formal meetings should take place in the meeting rooms or designated spaces
- Avoid creating distractions/noise beyond that in line with professional working. Calls at your desk are totally OK at your desk as long as you wear your headphones. Conversation is also welcomed.
- Not use the internet access or space for illegal activities – otherwise we may have to pass this onto the correct authorities when required
- Not enter the space outside of your plans access times or bring friends in when Maven staff are not present
- Avoid using profanity, name calling, furthermore please be kind at all times
- You will not share the WiFi code or access to anyone at any time
- Your membership is not transferable to other people. Only named members may use the space. If you are unsure please speak to Natalie Hamer
- If you do need to pause, cancel or upgrade or downgrade your membership you must inform us at least 7 working days before your membership renews – otherwise we can only offer credit and not a refund.
- Not leave doors open on purpose or allow other people into Maven. Every member is issued with key access.
- Inform us if your key has been lost/stolen/missing. We can then take the necessary steps to ensure everyone’s safety and security
More key points
- Sometimes things happen out of our control such as power cuts, emergencies, national shut down of spaces due to worldwide pandemics. We will work with you to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- Unused days do not roll over to your next month. To keep our costs low we do not count each members usage but trust people to not abuse that trust. We cannot offer refunds if you do not use your membership.
- Each membership plans runs at one calendar month at a time. We are unable to suspend or offer reductions for small breaks. If you require a suspension for a period of time, this can be requested however your return may be delayed based on the number of members and any waiting lists in place at the time of your requested return.
- We may, from time to time, need to close certain areas for various reasons (electrical testing, maintenance, cleaning, etc). We will give you notice and accommodate you as best as we can in another area if possible
- We really want to trust people and believe that everyone is honest. Our cancellation period is at least 7 working days before the start of your next billing period. This is in place as it is how long it takes to stop a Direct Debit from being processed. If you don’t provide notice to cancel, we may have to collect those fees another way. By joining and signing up as members, you are agreeing to these terms and understand that failure to pay can result in legal action being taken.
- We reserve the right to cancel anyones membership. We are a community space and need to ensure we are doing what is right for everyone – please ensure you have read our Maven Manifesto and are aligned with the vision for our Coworking Community
- We may or may not offer rewards or offers. When we do – we will post the terms and conditions on this site. We have the right to withdraw rewards or offers at any time but will give notice as that is only fair. Amount of notice depends on the reward or offer but that will be included with the specific terms and conditions.
- When we say professional business address – this excludes registering your business here for any legal reasons. This includes but is not limited to: ‘HRMC’, ‘Companies House’ or the ‘DVLA’. As a short term membership – the above requires long term lease agreements or properties such as home addresses, properties you own or lease for a long period of time or sometimes an accountants if they allow it.
- If you have keys or alarm fobs for an office or special area at Maven, and do not return them when requested, you agree to pay to have the locks changed, along with cost to have any keys recut
You are responsible for any guests in line with the Terms and Conditions mentioned here and a charge may be made to guests who use our facilities whilst at Maven. This must be settled in advance.
Access is made available to you on a reasonable endeavours basis. Should access our any facilities be unavailable, Maven will endeavour to provide reasonable notice although this may not always be possible. Where possible, and at Maven’s sole discretion, Maven will make alternative arrangements.
You may be held liable (and, as a result of this, authorise us to charge you) for the repair cost for all damage to our premise and items therein cause by you or your guests, or where permitted, pets.
Hire of Maven Term’s & Conditions – Updated 16th January 2023
Maven is located at, 5a Charlecote Mews, Winchester, SO23 8SR
Closest Car Park is Tower Street. Unloading of goods before an event is possible (please ask Natalie@mavencoworking.co.uk)
Maximum Capacity All of Maven – 30 Standing / 15 seated
Maximum Capacity The Palm Room – 10 Standing / 8 seated
No fixings to be made to the walls
Pictures, art work, decorative accessories, desks & chairs can be moved around carefully, but must be put back (Top Tip take a picture of the room before you move anything so it can be put back in the right place!)
Small Kitchen area available to make tea/coffee – no hob and no cooking facilities
No open flames
No smoking anywhere at the venue inside or outside
No loud music, noise to be kept ambient
BYO available, however if you have sold tickets for your event then you need to consider a TEN (Temporary Events Notice) We can arrange this licence for you via Hampshire County Council for £30
Our tea and coffee making facilities are open for you to use and milk (cows milk only) will be available in the fridge.
Please ask Natalie for local external caterers who can deliver sandwiches / grazing platters
Cancellations received within 24 hours after booking confirmation will receive a full refund. This excludes events starting within 48 hours of the booking time.
Cancellations 60 days in advance will receive a full refund
Cancellations 60 – 30 days in advance will receive a 50% refund or option to transfer the date
Cancellations for events starting within 30 days are non-refundable
Security & Access
The space will be left ready for you to access via keysafe (details provided 24 hours before the event
Please confirm by email to Natalie 48 hours before your event date how you would like to space to be left for you (desks/no desks).
You are responsible for ensuring the security of the property. Please lock if you leave the space throughout the day and on leaving please turn all the lights off, turn any freestanding heaters off and leave the space tidy and clean.
On locking up to leave, take a picture of the key going back into the keysafe and email/text/WhatsApp the picture to Natalie on 07917844357 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for working with Maven!
Ready to be empowered?
Sign up and find out more about how to join our collaborative female workspace